Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!! Fireworks, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Pizzas,… Friends and Family gather to celebrate and have FUN Parades in the streets of certain cities.
Well, I am in Dominican Republic. No hot dogs and hamburgers, but rather La Bandera Dominicana (rice, beans, salad and some kind of meat) plus juice(s). Fellowship with friends playing Domino game. Talk a lot of Spanish instead of English. I saw pastors Libni and Washington who were here to help Pastor Mario do some work at his house.

A chance to meet John Alex (my God-son) face to face was very intriguing for me What an honor and privilege!! It has been an incredible 3 years journey for the Thomas family to get to this point.
Pastor Mario and I left to go run some errands and then back home.
I am very tired. I am going to take a nap. It turned out to be a 3 hr long nap. It has been raining heavy, and at time thundering and storming. Other time just a quiet rain which allowed me the chance to sleep soundly.


I am awake now. It is 9pm. Every one else is going to sleep. Mario Jose and I are up late at night watching “Hot Rod Cars” being built somewhere in the US. I decided to read a book to relax my thoughts  -“Eternity in their Hearts” and a chapter from the Bible. Time to put lights out and go to sleep! Tomorrow is a new day, Lord willing..

No comments:

Post a Comment